How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am self employed live in Leeds and done work

This answer was rated:

Hello I am self employed live in Leeds and done work for a company in Scotland worked for 3 months and only got a small part of the wages owed . I tried to resolve it out of court but have been ignored. I read through the stuf online for small court but as the the company is registered in Scotland can't go through the English court . Then when the on to see if I can file in Scotland under Summary Cause and I am stuck in Leeds and can't go for summons if I have to is there away of doing it online or to move it to my local small claims court
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. You need to write and set out your losses and request full payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can do this by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.You can't issue online if they are in Scotland but once you get Judgment in England then you can transfer it to the Scottish Court for enforcement. So yes it can be done, its just a little more work than a regular Judgment in England and Wales.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have send by e-mail a set out of losses and the 14 day thing that date was last Friday but I had no reply
Ok - then issue proceedings.You can do that.
Does that clarify? Alex
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you