How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49796
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My daughter got a place at an independent school, but

This answer was rated:

Hi - my daughter got a place at an independent school, but never attended. We turned down the place in June for a Sep start. The school in question are now treating court action because they say we have to give 1 terms notice. I asked them to provide proof of financial loss, but they passed the case onto a lawyer. Can anyone advise if I should go to court and let the judge decide?
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How much are they pursuing you for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£3100 plus £900 in interest, approx
Wow, where did all that interest come from?
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She got the place to start in Sep 2014, then I heard nothing for nearly a year, now they want £4k