I agreed a fixed rate with my accountant and since have paid

I agreed a fixed rate with my accountant and since have paid him in full. He has now sent me an invoice for additional goods and services - value of £259 of which i've given no authorisation and had no knowledge of. Am I within my rights not to pay? many thanks Penny
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this PennyDid he do additional work above and beyond what was initially agreed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex. He claims he did because he said my account hadnt been submitted in the best format - however, I only had to respond to about 3 queries and he never informed me that additional work had been carried out - until he invoiced me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the email that agrees our fixed rate agreement,detailing the services. As far as I'm concerned, that is all he has done. I've paid him as agreed in full already
Ok - well in that case unless he told you it was extra work and you agreed, you dont have to pay this.If it was more work then he should have agreed a higher fee in advance.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex that is wonderful news! I will inform him I've received legal advice that I don't have to pay the invoice. would you suggest any wording that would ensure he accepts my decision?
Yes. Just say that it was a contracted price and he didnt agree anything else in advance.
Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes! thanks so much. much appreciated!
Thanks, ***** ***** could ask you to rate before you go otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you.