How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a situation where I have goods in a property

This answer was rated:

I have a situation where I have goods in a property where the property is not mine. The place is rented out by a subcontractor that I use to store items. The subcontractor is in dispute with their landlord for failure to pay rent and the landlord has put a lock on the warehouse (after getting a court order and instructing bailiffs).
I am in desperate need to access the property to remove my companies goods.
What is my legal standing on this please?
***** *****
Hello Andy my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have you spoken to the Landlord about access to your goods yet please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex,Thank you for coming back to me.We have been dealing with the lettign agents and have asked them. Initially they have said no but we have escalated our request to someone in their management team and are waiting for them to get back to us.What is the legal standing on this though please? the goods are ours (we have receipts to prove it).
Legally they can't remove or dispose of your goods but you do needs the Landlords permission to enter and retrieve them.You would be advised to get a Solicitor to write and ask that they allow access to remove your goods. If they refuse then you can seek a Court order.You would need to complete form N1: N16a Court would list the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to make an Order to allow your goods to be removed. If the Court does and they refuse this is contempt of Court, which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you