How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My son is currently on remand in prison , he was assaulted

This answer was rated:

My son is currently on remand in prison , he was assaulted by his ex partner and son before handing himself in to the police as he broke the conditions of a restraining order, why cant he files charges against his ex and son for assault ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What makes you think he can not file charges for assault please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he has been told by solicitors he cant press
Yes he can. If an offence has been committed he can make a complaint to the Police.The Police will then investigate the matter and if there is enough evidence for a prosecution and its in the public interest they can charge.If an offence has been committed he should report it. He is not prevented from doing so.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Calling now. Alex