How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35085
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare,May I ask you another question? I have been

This answer was rated:

Hi Clare,May I ask you another question?
I have been taking both kids swimming (lessons and leisure for which I am paying). Since my wife found about the divorce case being filed, she has intruded herself into these. Obviously I cannot object her being with the kids, but I refuse to drive her to and from the swimming pools, which she uses to steer the kids against me, telling them that it is me who doesn't want them to swim. This cannot be further from the truth as I have been doing this for the past 2 years every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I tried to explain her that what she is doing is wrong and against the children's interest, but she keeps on repeating - "I am with the children"
What would be my options? I clearly cannot be forced to become her driver, but on other hand kids are missing the swimming and constantly talk about it.
Thank you in advance!
HiThank you for the question.For clarity she refuses to let you take the children without her?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Precisely, except if she is unavailable ( when not back from work or otherwise )
What would happen if you simply took them out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If she is not present, she would follow us when she becomes available (as she knows the places where we swim), but if she is present she is forcing her way by messing with the children's minds (throwing them suggestions etc) and gently drawing them away from me and in her embrace.
I haven't attempted the same mean methods as this certainly would disturb the kids and for me their happiness is dominant. Also I am afraid of being confronted physically in front of the children, therefore I am extremely careful even when she obviously crosses the line quite abruptly.
Have you considered simply getting them ready and taking them out and say firmly that mummy is staying at home?What you need to do urgently is to arrange to discuss these issues with her using Family mediationwww.familymediationcouncil.or.ukSo that a Parenting Plan can be agreed and the chidlren can be spared this distress.Clare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you,
I have thought about similar, but as mentioned - I have faced many times in the past her furious objective temper, which would affect the children - hence I have withheld myself.
Thank you for the advise - I will contact the family mediation council so that at least this is settled and children can stay above the conflict.
Good luck I hope all goes well