How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71153
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My name is ***** ***** a problem with my children welfare money..Last year my ch

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is ***** ***** a problem with my children welfare money..Last year my children working tax and child tax credit have been cut because the benefits office asked me to send them my bank statement and in the statement it has shows that I deposit money in my childs father bank account and for that reason they assume him lives here with me and they cut the money...I dispute that but they told me that it was a final decission and now Im in soooo much debt and everytime i want to talk to them they are sooo rude on the phone with me and now i really dont knw what to do????please rescue me!
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was living with my partner and another couple....I fall pregnant and the other partner moved out and so did my boyfriend because they could stand the fighting between me and my boyfriend. I went to their landlord at the time and i took the lease on my name so i was living with my child not from this boyfriend and last year the working tax and child tax people say that my baby father was using my address and i should claim that i live with him and i send them all the document they were asking of me and on my bank statement i shows that i gave money to my baby father(my last child) so they say im in contact with him so they are not paying me the money because i give money to him.But is the money i borrow before he left so he was asking me to give him back, so i did that little by little i could affort..
Ok. So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know wether you answer my question as i cannot see what you have said
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes my question is about that because i want to claim my children money back
You cannot claim money can appeal their decision. If you are successful then you will get three months back payment.But you take the risk that they will prosecute you for fraud if they are saying that you were claiming incorrectly.The issue won't solely be to do with the deposit. There will be other evidence. Bearing in mind there are lots of investigations they can do to check the whereabouts of a person. They don't need to show that you actually lived together. Even just sharing expenses while living apart would be enough. That might be the basis of their position although there is probably more to it than that.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you