How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I retired some time ago and would like to transfer ownership

Customer Question

I retired some time ago and would like to transfer ownership of the property, which has no mortgage and at present is solely in my name, to my much younger partner.
What do I need to do for this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Unless you are familiar with Land Registry forms and procedure, you do need to instruct a local Conveyancing Solicitor who will prepare the Land Registry Transfer document (TR1) for you. This will need to be signed by both of you, and the TR1 is then sent off to the Land Registry with the appropriate fee (between £40-£95) depending on the value of the property.Your Solicitor is likely to charge you approx. £250 plus VAT for dealing with the work for you.If you wish to do it yourself, you will need to download the TR1 from the Land Registry website and complete it and sign it and register it with them. if private individuals submit any application to the Land Registry a further Form ID1 will need to be completed in front of a local Solicitor- the form is to confirm that a Solicitor has verified your identity.I hope this assists and answers your question.Kind RegardsAl
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance to you.Kind RegardsAl