How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

What can be done about light pollution from a Network Rail

This answer was rated:

What can be done about light pollution from a Network Rail lighting column installed in august 2015 and lighting an 86 year old ladies property
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you complained yet to Network Rail please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi,yes we have complained to network rail,they have offered blackout blinds which is not a solution,1 of the 4 lights at the top of the 30ft column has been switched off and they told us last September deflectors would be fitted to the lights.
Network Rail now tell us the lights which currently switch on at dusk and switch off at dawn will be switched off when the signal box closes for the night but this will still leave mothers house illuminated untill at least 11.30 each night and the deflectors will not be fitted due to interference with the running of the trains
Do we have any legal avenues to get some resolution from Network Rail Regards Mark
Are they brighter than they used to be? Or is it a new installation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes these lights were a new installation in August 2015 The first complaint was made on the 29th of August 2015
This could be an issue under the Environmental Protection Act or Clean clean neighbourhoods and environment act. You need to get a Solicitor to write and set out your complaint and say unless something is done within 28 days you will go to Court.If nothing happens then you can issue proceedings using form N1: Court will issue the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an Order reducing the light/times or removal all together.If the Court orders this and they refuse to comply this could be contempt of Court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information looks like a solicitor is the way forward then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the advise i will be contacting a local solicitor and have no more questions
Ok, good luck.