How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswerKM Your Own Question
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 42
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
Type Your Law Question Here...
JustAnswerKM is online now

Aunt as moved into care home suffering with dementia. who

This answer was rated:

aunt as moved into care home suffering with dementia.
who pays service bills for her house while it is unoccupied
i am waiting for deputy power of attorney
Good afternoonThank you for your message.In response to your question, if there is no power of attorney or deputy in place and the local authority are not managing your aunt's home, then in short, no one pays for the service bills. The best thing to do is keep the service suppliers updated with the progress of your deputyship application. They may ask you to sign something in a form of an undertaking that once you have access to your aunt's bank accounts, you will pay any ongoing and outstanding bills. The last thing you want is a debt action by the service suppliers for arrears. If you are being chased by them, take copies of their letters and send them to the Court. The Court will look at the facts and if they believe the matter to be urgent, they will take the necessary steps to either speed up your application or provide an interim Order to deal with the suppliers whilst you wait for the final Order appointing you as Deputy. Many service suppliers are aware of the deputyship process, in that it takes time so communicate with them regularly.I hope that helps.Best of luck, Kind regards Krystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.
JustAnswerKM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your rating