How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35069
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Does a unmarried farther whose children birth certificates

Customer Question

Does a unmarried farther whose children birth certificates have been registered with them having his surname and him listed as the farther have any rights of access to the children should the parents separate
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your question.My name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further details firstHow old are the children?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Do you understand that the site charges extra for a phone call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please just write a reply
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
That is fine How old are the chidlren?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We don't need to have a phone call can you just give me a typed answer
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Yes but I do need to know how old the chidlren are to give you a full answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The children are 8.9.10
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.This is the same even where a father is NOT named on the Birth Certificate.In your case since you are not only are the children entitled to contact with you - you also have Parental Responsibility for them and the right to be involved in decisions relating to their Health and EducationI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare