How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I rented my flat to someone and he subletted to someone else

This answer was rated:

I rented my flat to someone and he subletted to someone else who has messed up the flat and caused damages and is not paying rent. I need to know my options in regards ***** ***** getting them out the property as soon as possible.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know if your original tenant is also still there?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The original tenant does not live there, he rented rooms in the flat out to 3 different individuals, other tenants are still there
Ok - do you have a number we can chat on?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
*********** waiting for ur call
I will call shortly. Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any chance i could get that call now as I'll be driving for 3 hrs as soon as i get off the computer.. Thanks
Further to our chat:1) Notice to quit, 14 days2) Seek an order for possession using form N5: will list for hearing and decide whether to give possession 3) Court awards possession usually within 14 days4) If they dont leave then you need to instruct bailiffs to evict.You MUST have a Court order to evict and you MUST use bailiffsAlex