How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Being sued of contact that my daughter (17)

This answer was rated:

Being sued for breach of contact that my daughter (17) signed how should I defend? Should I contest jurisdiction or defend and state reasons why? Can I not be sued as her parent?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.No, you cant contest jurisdiction that does not apply.You simply defend and say: You are not named or a party to the contract.There is no cause of action against you.You cant be sued just because you are her parent.There is no legal basis for a claim - that is what you sayCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you