How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I sold a car to my daughters friend on a weekly payment

Customer Question

hi I sold a car to my daughters friend on a weekly payment they did agree on the price of the car but there is still 950 owing they gave me 500 deposit an the rest to be paid at 200 pounds per week but was never met so im wondering can I have the car repossesed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I am not sure if repossession is possible if there is no formal contract in place, however you will be able to make a money claim to court regarding the outstanding amount. Initially you should send them a formal letter titled "letter before claim" and outline the amount that remains outstanding and request a deadline for it to be settled. You should also state that if it is not settled by that date then you will pursue a court application for the money claim and you will be adding your court and any legal fees to the outstanding amount.You can then pursue the claim online here: If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.