I wanted to know how I may proceed with a Landlord who

I wanted to know how I may proceed with a Landlord who may be in breach of Tenant Deposit Protection (TDP) legislation as he did not secure our deposit within a month of receipt.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How much was your deposit please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The deposit was £575 and it was paid 1st October 2015. But the landlord only secured it yesterday.
The law says they must protect it within 14 days and if not you can claim x3 the deposit back so £1725You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation of £1725 within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. Just finally, should I get a lawyer to write the initial request for compensation letter and what loses can I claim for?
No, you can do this. You can only claim x3 the deposit, that is it.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thanks
Good luck. Alex