How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm been accused of touching of my wife whilst she was

This answer was rated:

I'm been accused of sexual touching of my wife whilst she was a sleep, don't know what to do.
I was arrested and then bailed for 4 weeks my wife dropped all charges and my bail was dropped after 2 days. She then went back in two days later and started charges again.she has admitted an affair and we're splitting up.please advise
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Have you been arrested for a second time? Is it for the same offence ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I was only arrested once
Ok - this was the initial allegation or this new one>?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was the initial accusation
Ok - I think you have to sit tight and deny the allegation. If you were charged there would be an argument that this was the same allegation, it was dropped and now its being pursued again.Potentially there is an abuse of process argument that you cant be dealt with over an allegation which has been dropped. But even if not, if you plead not guilty your wife can be cross examined on the fact she dropped the charges initially.But whilst the Police consider the position, there is not much you can do at the moment, this is because the process has to be followed. But your Solicitor should be saying this is an abuse of process and she shouldnt have a second bite of the cherry.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you , she is going back to police station to do a statement do I just wait until I hear from the police
Yes, nothing you can do until then. If the Police take no action they could prosecute her for wasting Police time.Can I clarify anything else?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just really upset with the situation, once she dropped the charges I thought that was the end of it all
I can imagine. I would hope that the Police would see sense. But good luck with it.Can I help with anything else today? Just remember to be strong...... Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If she's dropped charges can she do another statement at a later stage, she's had the affair and wants to blame me for her infidelity.
Thats not a Police matter though, thats for divorce proceedings. Its clear she is just doing this to be spiteful and the Police should see through this.Does that help? Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, hopefully they will see that's she trying to punish me for her mistakes
Indeed. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks. Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do