How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71159
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

What forms do I need to complete to bring a private

This answer was rated:

hello, what forms do I need to complete to bring a private case agaisnt someone for perverting the course of justice?
To do what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
to bring a case to court
Has anybody warned you how hard it is to do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, but that is imaterial I just need to know what process to follow to serve the papers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and what forms needs to be completed?
There aren't specific forms for this basically because so few people do it.You have to lay an information at the Magistrates Court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what information specifically?
An information need only be received by the clerk’s office even if it isn’t considered and anyway if there is genuinely a case for perverting then that isn’t subject to time barring.
The written information must contain statement of the offence that:a. Describes the offence in ordinary language. b. Identifies any legislation that creates it.c. Contains such particulars of the conduct constituting the commissionof the offence as to make clear what the prosecutor alleges againstthe defendant
It is probably better to get solicitors to do this.This is an action that will be expensive anyway and you are running the risk that CPS will just take it over and drop it which is their usual game.
The cost a solicitor will rack it up but not hugely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok this is a case against a judge but at this point a civil case
Perverting the course of justice can't be civil. It is only a crime not a civil tort.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I still launch it through magistates court as above?
Yes, if you do want to bring a private prosecution for perverting the course of justice.