How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35307
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Question regarding a Will/Probate. I have a home which I

Customer Question

question regarding a Will/Probate.
I have a home which I am renting out and currently reside in my parents home.
Can you please advise what address I will put on a Will. Will it be my rental address or my parents address ? If its my Parents address do I then show the rental address as a Asset ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is for a Will England (United Kingdom)
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWhilst it is not essential it is better to use your current residential address - the use of the address is to identify who you are and has no other significance.You have no need to refer to the rental property unless you are giving it to someone specific within your Will.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much. Can I still list the rental property as an asset ?Thank yiu
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
It is not sensible to list assets in a Will unless they are being specifically gifted, but you are free to do so if you wish
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you very much Clare - no further questions
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome