Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

If a single person dies without a will leaving 2 children,

If a single person dies without a will leaving 2 children, grandchildren and great grandchildren does the estate pass to the children or is it spread between all descendants?
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.In this instance, the whole Estate would be divided equally between the 2 children.(Only if any of the children die before the person, would the grandchildren receive anything- in this instance the children of the deceased child split equally between them the share their parent would have received had he/she survived the parent)I hope this clarifies the position to you.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many ThanksAlan
You're welcome Alan.If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.Best WishesAl