How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband walked out on me 2 years ago, leaving keep fit equipment

This answer was rated:

My husband walked out on me 2 years ago, leaving keep fit equipment behind. Every time I ask him to move it, nothing happens. Due to the length of time that has elapsed, where do I stand with regard to the law of theft if I dispose of the equipment myself.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my bets to help you but I need some further information first.Who owns the property and are there any children involved?Do you intend to start divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband purchased it.The other queries are not relevant.
I am afraid that they are relevant if you wish to have a complete answer, but I shall respect your wishesThis is the matrimonial home and your husband is entitled to keep his belongings there if he wishesYou have no right to dispose of the items - although it is not a matter that the police will become involved in.You are of course entirely entitled to simply move the items to another part of the property provided they are adequately protected from harmPlease ask if you need further details
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you