How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a relatively recent amputee being threatened verbally

This answer was rated:

I am a relatively recent amputee being threatened verbally & now physically abused by a well known 'bully' in the town I live. Many incidents are on CCTV in my local pub & on my home CCTV when he called round to threaten me. He is known for bullying people who are unable to fight back !! ..
Numerous incidents have ben witnessed by friends & strangers alike. How relevant this 'bully's' friend & drinking associate being a Policeman is, I don't know, but I somehow thinks he feels 'covered by his friendship.
What can I do ?? ..
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.I assume you want to stop the harassment? Have you reported it to the Police at all please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No - not yet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, you should. This could be considered as harassment and the Police could warn the person and if they ignore it, take action and prosecute them.Or if you dont want to be contacted by this person you can take civil action for harassment.You would need to complete form N208: N16a: Court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order to stop this person contacting you. If the Court does and they breach it, this is contempt of Court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.If you want a telephone call that is an additional service, but I can call if you wish.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks - do I complete BOTH forms at the same time. Can this be done for me ?? .. The bully is married into the local 'travellers community' known for violence !! .. What sort of protection can I seek or expect ?? ..
Yes you need to complete both forms. Yes, you can get a Solicitor to do this. If you get the Court you will have protection from the Court so if granted ANY contact, can result in prison potentially.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again - If I obtain a solicitor, in what field should they specialise ?? ..
Its just general civil litigation. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advanceAlex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Finally, can a witness be forced by the court to divulge their knowledge of the bullying ?? ..
There can be a witness summons yes.They can be made to attend Court.Does that clarify?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks.
Good luck. Alex