How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I took out a non molestation order against my husband which

This answer was rated:

I took out a non molestation order against my husband which was the biggest mistake of my life. I felt I was on a hamster wheel after an incident at home through my husband drinking whiskey, he is allergic to whiskey. The police were called, when in hindsight it should have been a doctor called, he received simple caution has since sought help and everything is fine between us. We have sold our house (subject to contract) a house he has lived in for 44 years, he is renting a flat and when the house is completed I will be moving in, please can you advise how to get this order removed, it is very harsh, I am 70 and my husband 73.
Is this the first time you have done this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean a non molestation order from the family court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is our second marriage and family problems have caused us problems, we want to get on with what we have got left of our lives and get all of this behind us. It is something that got our of control and it seems was taken over by victim support and the police, my husband was given a simple caution and when reading the charge sheet it included beating me, I did not have a mark on my body and did not see this charge until 3 weeks after the incident.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband hit me with cushions my son and daughter arrived and my son goaded my husband, this made matters worst, my husband was cautioned about beating my son, he did not touch him.
Ok. So is this a non molestation order of the family court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no more to add. Only that this is making myself and my husband ill with stress.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is a non molesation of the Family Court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant non molestation order of the family court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you help us
Ok. When was it granted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
February 21st 2016
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry meant February 19th 2016
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please can you help us
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lost the connection on my pc
You can always apply for the removal of a non molestation order.Generally the starting point is that it will not be allowed largely because it is such a waste of public money for people to take out orders and then remove them.However, you can make an application. The Court is going to want to understand what has changed in such a short space of time to make the situation any safer.If you are saying that you gave incorrect information to the court to get the order then that could be very serious I'm afraid.To apply you just return to the issuing court and ask for removal.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel that this whole incident got out of hand,, the simple caution said that there was a beating I did not have a mark on me and I did not know my husband had been accused of this until 4weeks after the event, we are moving on and want to put this all behind us we are both in our 70,s and never had any dealings like this before.
Oh yes, of course it will have done. Domestics are generally a load of nonsense in the UK.But you still have a non molestation order and that needs to be removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will write to the court and hope I can get the order removed.
No problem.All the best.