How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own a property in Heywood but I live and work in Derby so

This answer was rated:

I own a property in Heywood but I live and work in Derby so I appointed a letting agent to look after it for me which as fine until Nov 2014 when the tennant stopped paying rent because repairs needed doing but because my son set everything up for their 1st point of contact which wrongly as they had my number was him, and he did what was asked. when I realised that no rent was being paid I contacted the agent asking why the repairs had not been done as it was my understanding that a letting agent did the repairs and then took the money out of the rent or if it was a big job that they would contact me for payment, 12 months later we are in a position that the tennent has moved out and is now claiming £1250 compensation, please help am I responsible and if so what type of solicitor do I need or do I just pay although I think that the letting agent should have dealt with this
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to be clear, why is the tenant claiming £1250 compensation if the repairs have been done?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex