How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have already spoken to a solicitor about my position but

Customer Question

I have already spoken to a solicitor about my position but need a little clarification on one area(free hour used/slight hiccup since) I already have grounds for divorce from my husband; 'unreasonable behaviour'. marriage of 25 years. two non dependant daughters live with us still(20 and 21)latter has daughter of 3 with downs/medical complications etc lives with us also. also lives with us one dependant adult daughter of 24,severely disabled(24/7 care of which I am main provider) (6 of us in total and we are complicated!) I wanted separation as opposed to straight divorce but, time will tell on that one. Main thing I want to know, we have two properties both in joint names; we live in one the other is rented. (having been through this before with him and it was horrendously unbearable as his mother lives in house next door, makes life doubly difficult)my idea is this; I find a house to rent, I then take my daughter (I am her appointee etc, he wouldn't fight this, I know, he knows he cannot do what I do,been there...)and the others if they wish to come too(they prolly will! but I know as do they that they are totally free) and we sell here. Basically my question is this; if I do this, leave the house which is adapted for daughter etc and move elsewhere until we sell this one, (for whatever reason) am I shooting myself in the foot? I do not want to loose anything or jeopardise loosing any financial gain because I need it to be able to care for our daughter.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further details firstHow much are the properties worth?