How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want to have some advice on my current family situation.

This answer was rated:

hello, I want to have some advice on my current family situation. I have 2 kids, my husband had just walkaway from home for good with all his stuff and not mention where is he going. we had an argument and I did not expect him to leave home suddenly and it has been a terrible shock for me. I would appreciate if I can get some help and support with my situation.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat would you like to know about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work and I pay a few bills and I have took a loan on behalf of my husband. He used to look after the kids during so that I can go to work and he worked at night. I would like to know how can I cope with all these responsibilities on my own.
Do you understand that the site charges more for a phone call?What benefits are you eligible for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Could you send me a reply by email please
Many thanks
That is fine.What benefits are you eligible for
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never claim any benefit I have been working 30 hrs per week but as from 1st of April 2016 my hours will be changed to 24 hrs.
How much does your husband earn?Who owns the house you live in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband earn £1500 per month
We are living in my parents house.
Do your parents live with you or do you pay rent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My parents own the house. My husband contribute 600 pound every month.
Do your parents live with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya my parents live in the same house.
So your accommodation remains secure.Your husband will have to pay child maintenance at 16% of his GROSS income You will also be able to claim some state benefits - you ca find out which ones using this website hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi clare. My husband had a debt of 6000 pound from a personal loan. My mum paid this sum of money for him and that's the money he was giving as 600 pound as installment to her every month. He did contribute towards rent at all and now he still owes 3 months of this money to her. He also made take another loan on my name which I am still paying and I roughly owe 6000 pound. I have a credit card which I used for his expenses I just paid big amount of 1800 pound and I am left with another 1000 pound on it. He gets the children benefit for both children on his account. He just ignored all these payments and walkaway. He sometimes do shopping for the kids basic things but it's not on regular basis. He does not have much expenses even though he earn more than me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean he did not contribute towards rent at all. We were renting a year ago. He used to pay all the bills and rent and my child nursery which were altogether around 2000pound and he now do not want to rent came to live with my parents. His plan was to save some money for a deposit and buy a house but now that he changed his mind I have to keep living with my parents but I will be able to live in their house forever. I need to have a place of my own because I have 2 children aged 2 and 4 years old.
You will need to apply to have the Child Benefit transferred into your name.You will have to speak to the local Housing Office about finding your own property.Within divorce proceedings you can apply for spouse maintenance to help with the debts
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi clare. My husband has my name together on his bank account /joint. My money does not debit in this account. I went to bank to remove my name today but the bank was unable to do it as it requires his signature too. At the moment I do not have any contact of him. It is impossible for me to find his where about. Is there any alternative for me to remove my name on this account.
Have you asked the bank to freeze the Account instead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have not ask the bank to freeze the account. His salary is debited in the account and he arrange for direct debit of few bills. I don't know if it's appropriate to do it this way.
Why do you wish to have your name removed from the account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to remove my name just in case he remove his money I have to pay his bills as I received a statement of a phone bill payment not received..
You cannot take your name off the account without his agreement - but you can freeze the account - then he will have to speak to you to have it released and you can get him to remove your name
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks you. Thats very helpful.
You are most welcome