How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35051
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

A Russian woman wishes to leave the country how much

This answer was rated:

A Russian woman wishes to leave the country for good how much money must she have to show she is finicially safe for visa
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.What Visa is she applying for and which country does she wish to move to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is applying for a visa to come to Scotland and she says she needs a certain amount of money before she can get one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will add that she says it requires a certain amount to have on her or in a bank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well can you tell me about this
My apologies for the delay.Who is sponsoring her - and what does she intend to do when she gets here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I would be doing that but first she is saying a certain amount is required before she goes ,it can sound like a scam but I have been chatting to her for months 6 and spoke to her ,,anyway live with me and maybe work or family something like that ,
I am sorry - I am afraid that you instincts are correct.This is indeed a scam which has reached the stage of seeking money from you.IF she was indeed looking to leave Russia even for a visit it is not a matter of what money she has in Russia - it is a matter of what money the sponsor has in the UK.IF she was indeed leaving Russia permanently then you would have needed to apply for a fiancee visa if she was going to live and work here - or have been eligible for some other form of Visa - which would again have needed your active co-operation to prove that YOU have assets in the UK to support her with.I am sorry to have to give you this news - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you