How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I wish to obtain the following information from the police A

This answer was rated:

I wish to obtain the following information from the police
A copy of the force wide incident number for the report of stalking
A GMP report of the crime (pages 1-9)
Action board pages 1-7
and my email correspondence
, This was somehow linked to me on a Suspicion of harassment case that completely lacked evidence and any substantiating claim to harassment, Furthermore, I strongly believe that is claim was made maliciously, That the Police have fabricated and manipulated evidence to try and make charge stick.
I want absolutley everything about me that I can legally get and them I wish to confront the GM Police about this
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help youJust to confirm you have already tried the Police and IPCC? What did they say please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After having been questioned Novemeber 2014, I confronted them about the the following.
Why did i need to be questioned when this issue had drawn to a conclusion in July 2014. and the Police were told that the complainant was doing this maliciously and that they have no evidence to suggest anything had happened.
I also confronted them about their evidence just to actually prove that they have any substancial evidence to support why they had to question me. They didn't give a straight answer and were actually suprised that it came to this. but they are not very forthcoming they expect their officer to do a proper investigation but this will be review should a situation arise. I feel that is not good enough as they are trying to skirt away from the real issue.
I also confronted them on the police notice which was full of lies by the police of which I could prove. but they have not repsonded
Have you already requested the documents from the Police or via IPCC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they put me in touch with the information and compliance who hold this information but I have waited for this far too long and they have not responded
OK - now you can complain to the Information Commissioner. They have a limited time to give you this information under the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.This means you can now submit a complaint to the ICO, they are independent and can examine your complaint for free at: you can apply to Court for disclosure of these documents. You would need to complete form N244: would be a Court fee of £155 and you would have to attend Court for a hearing.I would therefore try the ICO first.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,I wish to put a claim in to the Civil litigation Unit at Greater Manchester Police for Lost earnings and Legal expenses occured thus far, could you advise on what would be the best way to approach this?
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that is everything,Thank you for your help
Happy to help. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Good luck. Alex
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello.I'm afraid the answer above is incorrect.In short, you are seeking their records upon you under a SAR?Please do not complain to the ICO as it will explode in your face.
Sadly if you request via SAR then if refused your next avenue is the ICO, that is what they are there for to adjudicate on SAR matters.ALex