How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

UK legislation - English Law.I supplied kitchen cabinets

This answer was rated:

UK legislation - English Law.
I supplied kitchen cabinets etc to a customer about 6 yrs ago.
He cancelled and refused have collected nor has returned to kitchen.
Despite requests to do so I believe that he has disposed of the cabinets supplied.
I wish to take him to small claims court for the loss on the supply.
Can I claim the replacement cost at current purchase values.
Or only the initial cost to me of the supply at that time.
There is a significant difference in these costs since the initial supplier went bankrupt.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When 6 years ago please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Supply app. March 2010
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Q. are you calling me ?
if so best guess as to when .
## ***** the moment I appear to be paying twice for advice and keep getting emails asking me to log in again and pay again. ##
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Q.when would it be good to call.
A. Now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the moment I appear to have £122.15 debit card payments attributed to Just Answer - what is going on !!!!!!!
these are 3 transactions.
£37.15.Understood that cost with yourself was £38 TOTAL - please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if live call is an extra, and given that no call has taken place - please cancel - otherwise please call me.
01934 838649
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now 1 1/2 hours since initial contact for an emailed reply.
Do I assume that you do not have an answer for me ?
Please refund all transactions if the answer is no.
Sorry I have been in Court. When do you want me to call?
Also do you have a number we can speak on?
I have just tried to call and no one has picked up. Please let me know when you are online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not available on phone.
As advised - cancel that request.
Simple question - should be able to be advised by email.
Supply was made 16-4-10
Order cancelled 18-4-10
No monies received for this supply.Can you answer in principle if I can apply to small claims court as initial enquiry.
For REPLACEMENT COSTS since in order to replace them I now have to pay appreciably more than in 2010.Or only my initial purchase cost. ??
Yes, you have six years under the limitation act to bring a claim therefore wit expires on 15/4/16
You can only claim for loss as in 2010 not current loss.
Does that clarify? Alex