How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I hope you can help . We had an orangery built over

This answer was rated:

Hello , I hope you can help .
We had an orangery built over a year ago by a local company . Cost £23000 , but from the start there were problems . Poor and shoddy workmanship , damage to our sewage pipes , insufficient underfloor ventilation, dangerous electrics , etc. etc. And the list goes on and on The outer bricks had to be completely taken down and rebuilt . There are still problems that need rectifieng .
We are trying to get these problems done but the company want the balance (£5500) first .we have said no , do the work first then we will discuss the balance .
We had suffered a lot to stress , worry , inconvenience, and loss of income during the build and I am still stressed out with it all .
I have bout 100 photos of the shoddy work and over 50 emails with the company .
We have been to the Ombudsmen and Citizens Advice .
Please , WHERE do we go from here ???
Can you help .
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know have you had a survey and quotes for putting it right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex , no we have not had a survey or quote done yet .
I would get a survey and quotes for getting the work done, this forms your loss. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you