How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50148
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am employed by NHS ( Scotland) and asked for ( in 2006) to

This answer was rated:

I am employed by NHS ( Scotland) and asked for ( in 2006) to continue with a full time contract (37.5 Hr p/w) and have a further ( in addition to A/L and p/h = 41 days) 8 weeks un paid leave a year (monthly pay to be spear over the year). Which was agreed by employer, written up by HR and signed by myself.i am now being told employer can not continue this ( 8 wks unpaid leave) and I could reduce this to 5 weeks in paid leave. All sounds okay. However, HR also feel a mistake was made by them and I was not entitled to 41 days annual and public holiday leave. So for 5 weeks un paid leave per year I can only have 31 days leave. Can they do this?
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you enjoyed the 41 days annual leave for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since 2006
Why can they not continue with the unpaid leave agreement?
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry , Hello Ben,
I have been granted 41 days paid leave since 2006.
Nice to speak to you. I just need to post a reply to close the question so there is no need to reply to this. All the best