How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

After along argument with the council over council tax the

This answer was rated:

After along argument with the council over council tax the council had me declared bankrupt i appealed this and this has gone to ECHR and i have had discussions with the EHCR to clarify points and I am awaiting a answer on there judgement soon , yesterday i received a letter from the councils solicitors saying if i don t settle the bankruptcy by 6 april they are going to get a possession order on my house , I cant see how they can do this as the matter is still at appeal ?
I have approx 200k equity in the house and a building plot I intend to develop how do I stop this
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do they have a charge on the property in their favour please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no they don t have a charge on my property
Ok. If they don't have a charge, they can only apply for possession. You can then turn up at court and contest this based on your appeal to the ECHR. If that. Is ongoing the court is likely to stay (put on hold) any application for possession.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex