How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Is there any way that we can stop the Landlord home owner of

This answer was rated:

Is there any way that we can stop the Landlord home owner of the adjoining house to ours, from applying for a Court Order Access to our property. He is applying for this in order to install "New Pipework" that his builders incorrectly installed 7 years ago. The Local Evironmental Health Officer recently described the condition of workmanship to the single storey extension to his property as "Horrific". Everywhere I seem to look, leads to the defence of the Landlords rights to access our property ~ even though remedial work can be done on his land, it's just more expensive. The problems have been consistently and repeatedly relayed to the Lettings Agency, The Estate Agents and Landlord over a 5 year period. We have strongly protested to the Letting Agency that, we do not wish for any of the Landlord's work to be undertaken on our side of the Boundary Line ~ We have
no pipework issues or problems on our side of the Boundary Line. Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.I assume this is for repair rather than a new structure?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The following is quoted from the Letting Agency's drain & pipline contractor: "A complete new system is required from the first gully around the property with new gullies and 2 new manholes. The new drainage will go around the outside of the property with the downstairs toilet - WC having to be core drilled out of the wall into a small stack pipe on the outside with a rodding point. The drains will then be taken across the back and connected onto the original foul drain on number 54's back garden in the corner at a depth of approximately 1.2 - 1.4 meters. At the minute all of the foul waste gullies and downstairs W/C are connected into the storm water system/drains causing large amount of foul sewage content." Unquote.
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, we're at home now on Saturday morning until 12 noon ~ is it possible for you to to call us?
I can only call you. Do you have a number and when we can discuss?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please call me on *********** ~ I'm at home now, Monday 4Apr16 09:36 ~ thank you.
Calling now. Alex