How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been left a property in my brother's Will In order to help a niece with dif

This answer was rated:

I have been left a property in my brother's Will
In order to help a niece with difficulties in finance, it has been suggested it might be possible for my brother to sell this property now,and for myself to be compensated by means of a deed of variation on his death.
But it seems to me that once the property is sold, it is gone. I note the sentence in your information that there is no reciprocation, and that hence I could not be compensated on my brother's death once the property is sold now. Would this be a correct assumption please ?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.You are correct - once the property is gone it is gone.The only other option is for your brother to leave you a set sum of money in his Will from the balanceof his Estate.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you