How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

If I buy another property in addition to the one I own, move

This answer was rated:

If I buy another property in addition to the one I own, move into it and make it my principal place of residence, but then rent out the property I have moved from, will I have to pay the new 3% Stamp Duty surcharge? If so, on which property?
Hi, thanks for your question. You will be subjrct to the 3℅ stamp duty unless you sell the current property within 18 months of the new purchase. The stamp duty will be on the new purchase.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you