How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I've recently been through a separation. We both agreed

This answer was rated:

Hi, i've recently been through a separation. We both agreed the outline of the split, since the initial agreement i have changed jobs resulting in less earnings. The agreed maintenance fee was £300 per month for both my children (worked out through CSA calculator). I've reviewed this to my new earnings which states I should pay £216 per month for both children. There is a consent order in place for £300. Can I just reduce my payments according or will I have to apply to change?? I've also done a little research into "the 12 month rule" which says I can use the CSA to alter the payment after an initial 12 months. The consent order application was read on 23/11/15, then was agreed by a district judge on 13/01/16. Please advise on how bet to proceed forward, thanks Ben...
Hi, thanks for your question. As the consent order was approved on 13 January 2016, you will be liable for the agreed child maintenance payments for 12 months from then. After this 12 months you are able to apply to the CMS for a new calculation and their calculation will be the amount you are liable for after 12 months, therefore superseding the consent order regarding child maintenance.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you