How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I had a court hearing on the 25th February 2016 over child

This answer was rated:

I had a court hearing on the 25th February 2016 over child arrangement with my ex husband. Upon considering the section 7 report written by the caffcass and the children's letters to the judges, all contact with father was suspended. In addition the court ordered the applicant's solicitor to request some documents relevant to the case from my ex husband previous employer. The judge also ordered that my ex husband should get letter from his GP to certify his mental stability.
After writing his statement, my ex solicitor or my ex were meant to forward to me all these documents by the 23rd of March so I could respond I send it back to the court ready for the
hearing of April 20th. Instead on the 23rd my ex solicitor wrote to me to say that she is no longer representing my ex.
Since I have not received anything, what I am supposed to do and what I am to respond to. The judge said I must send my response by the 11th of April. The hearing is still going a head.
Thank you
Hi, thank you for your question. If your husband has not complied with the order and provided his statement, then there is nothing you should respond to - but you will need to make the court aware at the next hearing that there has been non-compliance with the directions. If you do receive his statement in advance of the hearing and you are able to prepare a response then you should do so that matters can progress, if not then you can request for an adjournment to prepare your response.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you
So, if I do not receive any document to respond to between now and the 20th, I should just turn up at the hearing on the 20th with nothing ?
If you do not receive anything between now and then you should prepare a short position statement which outlines what you views are and what directions have not been complied with, and what you would request from the court at the hearing.