How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1429
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My Mum has early onset Alzheimer's years. She has

Customer Question

Hi. My Mum has early onset Alzheimer's for 15 years. She has been bedridden for over 8 years, can not speak and does not appear to recognise anyone. My sister and brother care for her at home (with care support). They feed her and have to thicken her water to prevent her choking.
Question: Is there a way we can let her pass on or are we obliged to keep her alive until she finally lets go on her own?
Many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Tim Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I am very sorry to hear of the circumstances around your question. Whilst I sympathise completely with your circumstances - I have to let you know that assisted dying is currently illegal in the UK. If any action was taken you could find yourself with criminal charges. I know this isn't what you want to hear but I have to be honest with you. Kindest Regards ***** ***** you have found this service useful please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today.