How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71153
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have spomen to a number of solicitors, mediators, citizens

This answer was rated:

I have spomen to a number of solicitors, mediators, citizens advice, fight for fathers, fathers for justice, cffm and any number of others all i get is a flat no help as i may not obtain legal aid so no one will help me. She has told a oack of lies to the police, I'm the one with the injuries but still arrested and charged. I was told i can't go near her or the road we have only just moved on to. I have since found out that she has taken the baby and is living elsewhere, i know she will say that she is afraid i will go to the house, this is not true, i was told to stay away from there and have not broken that order, can i now ask for permission to retun to the house in order to protect it and the contents. Its not a very safe area.
Why do you need to go to the house?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because it has been left empty and all my furniture and equipment is there.
Has she actually moved out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We don't think so but we do know that she has not been there for week or so and she is posting baby pictures on instagram of him in someones bath believed to be her mum's or dad's
They are not going to allow you to go back to the house if she still lives there.You could get a solicitor to write to her and ask for recovery of any items that you would be entitled to recover.
You won't get legal aid for that but it will not be that expensive.
It is not particularly sensible for you to return there anyway as she will only say that you have been abusive to her in some way.Making allegations of abuse is a fairly standard means of eviction amoungst the dishonesty female population. If they had to pay even £10 to summons up the police I doubt that we would ever hear about domestic abuse again.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has told my mum that we are not allowed to see the baby anymore is there any way we can force her to allow me access to him, if only for a short while each week.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The abuse was her beating me up not tbe other way round, but of course the police arrested me even though i had the black eye and scratches.
Yes, she won't get away with that.Just go to court and get a contact order. In due course you will have overnight visits and then when she breaches the order you can take her to court and she can explain why she shouldn't go to prison.You don't need to be in her favour to get contact. The choice is not hers.
Yes, of course the police did. That is because she will have made allegations. I strongly suspect most domestic abuse is from women but women whinge about it and men don't.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank youwould it be expensive to get a contact order, as i have spent every penny i had doing up tbe house for her and my baby in all around £15,000 in bits and bob, decorating and furniture.
I don't do family but it certainly won't be £15k. Contact orders are a lot cheaper than keeping happy wives who have expensive tastes and poor work ethics.It isn't a matter for her whether you see your child or not. It is a matter for the court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I'm glad i spoke to you. Help at last and advice that will help me to see my baby. I think i now know what i can do. Thanks again
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you