How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34906
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good afternoon,can you advise me, with the exception of

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
can you advise me, with the exception of the 15% of net income for single child support, am i legally obliged to pay any more than this amount? not withstanding additional regular items such as clothing contributions ETC
personal circumstances are as follows:
relationship commenced 2007
since our child was born in March 2011, my expartner was diagnosed with PTSD after a traumatic child birth, she developed a severe alcohol issue for approx 18 months and i left the family home in december 2013 as the situation was untenable.
We seperated in 2013, between now and then. by verbal agreement as my ex partner is currently unable to work due to being diagnosed with PTSD, I continued to transfer £1400 per month in to my ex partners bank account to cover all regular mortgage and regular bills. the family home is wholly owned by current partner as was so before we met. mortgage and other regular bills have been paid by me since January 2011.I am not named the mortgage.
in December 2015, we verbally agreed to try and resolve our differancies and i gave up my rental property (wholly funded by me) and moved back to the family home. As of today after a 3 month trial the re start of the relationship has not been successful and I need to move on for good this time.
I am committed to being a good father to our 5 yr old daughter and plan to find a property within the local area so I can be there.
your assistance and guidance would be greatly appreciated
thank you
***** *****on
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is your actual income?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clairemy annual Gross Income is £42,500 GBP + Profit related BonusBonus normally received in July after previous Years figures have been closed, Last year that was a gross of approx £10,000, so net of around £6000.00Net Monthly Income is £2700.00 GBPif it would be easier to speak on the phonethanksGeorge
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
For a new assessment the CMS amount is 12% of GROSS income - and that is all you need to pay.Indeed there is a deduction if you have the child more than 52 nights a year.Any extras that you chose to pay and voluntary.If you had owned the property in which she was living then you could have been faced with paying that mortgage until the child was 18 - but that is not a riskin your case.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare