How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The police wwere looking son who l have no contact with,

This answer was rated:

The police wwere looking for my son who l have no contact with, they came to my house and when l told them l didn't have contact with him, they left and then came back again at a later date and l told them again and ask them to stop coming to my property they got verbally aggressive saying that l wasn't telling the truth when l told them to leave they said they would be back and l would be sorry, then when l went out in my car for a trip l stopped at a service station on the m11 motorway for a coffee as l came out and walked to my car 2 police cars arrived and told me l was under arrest for theft, when l explained l had no idea what they were talking adout, they said there is a marker on your vehicle after explaining what had happendat home they let me continue on my journey, so they must have taken my registration of my car on my drive when they left my property so as and when l go out in my car l set off the N P R cameras, but l feel this is not the end of it and more is to come, now my wife is worried about driving to work, this is police harrasment and the way they are working is guilty by association
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to achieve please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would just like a written answer to my question, as to what path to take to solve this situation. Thanks
You need to write to the Police Chief Constable and make a formal complaint. This will be investigated as such and will probably go down the location resolution route.If this does not satisfy your complaint then and only then can you take it further.You could seek a Judicial Review which is very costly or may consider going to the IPCC. They offer a free, independent service at: write to the Chief Constable first - that is a free optionCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** write to the chief constable
Please do. Good luck and if I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the tim spent with you today. Thanks. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, very helpful just needed to get expert abvise, thank you.
Thanks. Please do remember to rate before you go. All the best
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello. I'm afraid the answer above is incorrect. I understand you are annoyed by this but there is no ground for complaint. They were acting upon a marker and did not arrest you. If you complain it will be rejected and the police can sometimes take revenge against people who do that. They shouldn't of course but we all know the reality. Walk away from this. Complaining will make it worse. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo