How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My mum has decided to enter a residential home elderly.

This answer was rated:

My mum has decided to enter a residential home for the elderly. She has few savings but has a flat to sell to fund her care. Is there a scheme whereby she can be funded in the home before her flat is sold, with the promise of paying back the money when the sale is settled please?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Your mother's Local Authority will fund the care until the house is sold if they assess her as needing help with her personal care.You need to contact her local Social Care department.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you