How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Good Morning ,Could you please advise , I was divorced in

Customer Question

Good Morning ,
Could you please advise , I was divorced in 2005 , I signed over the property to my wife and put a clause into the agreement that if the house was sold before both children were 18 there would be a payment to each child , a charge through the courts was made on the property Also if not sold there would be a payment when the youngest child reached the age of 18 . However we got back together in 2007 and have lived as a family ever since, therefore I would like to cancel the agreement and have the charge removed from the property . please advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Was the agreement approved by the court? Have you now remarried?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi ,
yes it was approved in court , but we have not re married
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still on line ????
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately you are in a difficult position. This is because the court is unable to vary orders or approved settlements where there is a property adjustment order or a lump sum payment.Was there any provision in the order that stated that the order will cease to have effect if she were to cohabit, or anything similar?
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.