How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have just received a claim form county court regarding

This answer was rated:

Hi I have just received a claim form for the county court regarding a debt that does not appear in my credit reports and when I contacted the solicitor they said they had a default date of Sept 2009. They have advised that I need to dispute this based on the grounds that it's over the 6 years is this correct?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Yes, you need to file a defence saying that the amount claimed is not admitted but in any event is statute barred under the Limitation Act 1980. They have 6 years to bring a claim.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My telephone number is *****
Calling now. Alex