How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

So...I split from a partner who had 50% interest in the house.

Customer Question

So...I split from a partner who had 50% interest in the house. She did not contribute as promised during the four years we owned the house - paying as little as £300 per month on a mortgage of £1200 before bills. She also put money into savings in her name only.
What options do I have to recover money not paid towards bills and mortgage during that period. The savings were tolerated as were for a, what other options do I have to claim £4k of that money?
No written agreement, however her name was on both mortgage and bills.
She took £45k out of the house, and spent £8k in savings. The house went up £100k in value during the time we were there.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask: - has the house already been sold - is that the £45k you are referring too?- how long does the money go back over years in respect of what she owes you? can you evidence that she was to pay half but didn't? Kind Regards Caroline