How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have received a Notice Of Enforcement parking

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have received a Notice Of Enforcement for a parking ticket. I initially contested the ticket and never heard back from London Borough of Barnet. I subsequently moved 3 times in the space of a year, always updating my forwarding address with the post office. Then spent last summer at a campsite while internal work was carried out at a house myself and my partner purchased. I have called the Enforcement Agent and he said to contact Borough of Barnet. I have been on the phone to Borough of Barnet where I was told nothing could be done. Can you help?
Hello when did the offence occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Did you update the DVLA with your address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did.
Ok. Was there any overlap? Would there have been any point where the DVLA were unaware of your address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May have been a month or so after first move that I updated DVLA. We were in between moves and were waiting for confirmation of mortgage and exchange of contracts date. I did make sure all post was forwarded to any address we were living at before the purchase of our house was finalised.
OK. 1 Did you appeal at the time of the fine? 2 Did you not ever receive a rejection of notice of representations?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. I appealed at the time.
2. I never received anything through the post after that.I called London Borough of Barnet after receipt of Notice of Enforcement. They told me they had rejected my appeal and posted the usual notices afterwards. I told them I received non of these and told them of my circumstances. They said it was out of their hands and in the hands of the bailiffs.
You can always make an application to set aside the judgment on the basis that you didn't get the rejection. That is a specific ground.You will need to make an out of time stat dec covering why you did not act in time. That is simple enough as you didnt know anything about it until the enforcers were in court but you must cover this point.Then you need to make an in time stat dec covering the ground to set aside judgment.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To whom?
NOt sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I make the application to set aside judgement? How do I make an in time stat dec and an out of time stat dec? Do I need a lawyer to draw these up? Who are they sent to? London Borough of Barnet or the Enforcement Agency?
You can get the forms from the traffic enforcement centre. You can access them online. I am using an internet connection that won't let me get onto that site at the moment so I can't give you a link.If you send me a reminder at about 7pm I could do it then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. That would be great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo, it's 7 o'clock.
Hi. Please see here but you must do the out of time one first otherwise it will be refused.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have downloaded the forms. The word FORMTEXT is in the spaces that I need to fill out. Do you know what this means?
No, but I think you can delete that. It should be that you can fill it out in freetext form.Remember the out of time stat dec just requires a reason you are out of time and no more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will this go to court? Will there be any other costs? And who will make the final decision?
They could refuse the out of time stat dec and then you would have to appeal.There is a fee if you have to appeal.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you