How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A personal training company gave me a 6 month contract where

Customer Question

A personal training company gave me a 6 month contract where I paid them a monthly rent to use the gym, I missed the 4th payment and was suspended from the gym for breach of contract. The payments owed were £450 x3 =£1350. The arrears were passed form the direct debit company to their intern sister company who added on an extra £600. I set up a payment plan and paid back more than the £1350 I owed however they are threatening me with a CCJ for the remaining money owed. The company womt provide my original contract and the debt chaser company wont provide a record of paymenys paid and justification for the amount they eant to recover. How do I stand legally as I have been to the FCA and FOS but neither could help as it isnt big enough for them to investigate.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you asked for a copy of it under the Data Protection Act?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have requested it multiple times where I have mentioned this and like I said they are aware I have been to both the FCA and the FOS. They are a joke of a company if you look at credit resolution services online there are 100s of complaints against them. I want to know if they have any ground to go through with a CCJ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Without evidence then no. If they issue a claim you can make an application to court to see that specific document. If they refuse to supply it then their claim can be struck out. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response Alex, The company was called "Your Personal Training" they offered me a contract where they said they would support me during the term however I received none, they done the exact same thing to a friend of mine who had the same contract but in a different gym. Credit Resolution Services trading under their parent company Harlands are no longer authorised by the FCA which makes me question their credibility. This has been on going since August 2012 is there a time frame in which the company can legally issue a CCJ as it is not under the consumer credit act?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Six years for breach of contract and 3 years for neligence. But if they issue make an application for disclosure. Does that clarify? Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: