How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We are currently in arrears with our mortgage as I have taken

Customer Question

We are currently in arrears with our mortgage as I have taken a job where the basic salary is very low and the bulk of the earnings will eventualy come in the form of commission. I stand to inherit a half share of two properties with a current combined value of around seven hundred thousand pound, The owners of the properties my Aunt and Father are 86 an 89 respectively. Is there any type of Morgtgage or way of deffering payment based on my inheritance that can stop the possible repossession of my home that exists.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much are you in arrears by and what is the term left on the mortgage please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently almost £10,000 in arrears and there is about 15 years left on the mortgage
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can you afford your current mortgage plus say £55 a month off the arrears?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's the problem my current salary does not come close to covering the mortgage which is why I was wondering if there was a way of leveraging against my inheritance with either a bespoke mortgage or in some other way
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Are you on interest only or capital repayment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Capita Repayment
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked to switch to interest only?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have said no
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid. You can make them go onto interest only or defer the payment. You can ask, but if they say no, you cant make them.Your options are:1) Go to the Financial Ombudsman. They can see if Northern Rock are acting unfairly and can consider your complaint for free as they are independent. They are located at: Consider a broker to try a different lender.They can search the market for you. I have listed some here: I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: