How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswerKM Your Own Question
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 42
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
Type Your Law Question Here...
JustAnswerKM is online now

I am one of two remaining trustees (along with my brother)

This answer was rated:

I am one of two remaining trustees (along with my brother) of my father's discretionary will trust (the third, my mother, has since died) and we wish to appoint a new trustee. I understand that my brother and I can do this but is there a form of words or specific procedure that must be used. As a Chartered Secretary and former pension scheme trustee I am reasonably familiar with this sort of documentation. Do I have to use a solicitor?
Good eveningThank you for your message.The answer in short is you need what's called a 'deed of appointment of trustees'. There are templates available online so a Solicitor will not be necessary.I hope that helps.Best of luck, Kind regardsKrystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.
JustAnswerKM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your rating