How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Enquiry: My name is***** own with a mortgage

Customer Question

Enquiry: Hi My name is***** own with a mortgage a 3
bedroom attached house in Libberton, South Lanarkshire, my house went
on fire on 11/01/16. I live with my wife who is blind and my 16 year
old son who were both in the house when the fire started, the fire
started in the dining room with something falling out the open fire. I
also have a 19 year old son who attends Strathclyde University and
sometimes stays with us at weekends. My house was not insured and I
still owe over £70,000 on the mortgage.
Also the house next door had smoke damage the owners being out of their house for 2 months.Their Insurance have fixed their house for them now they have sent me a letter asking for £3000 which they say they are out of pocket. the letter goes on they have sought legal advice and feel they have a good case if he has to take legal action "he will be pushing for far more than he is requesting now".
What is my position. Crawford Campbell
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello Crawford my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have they said you have been negligent? Was there a report into the fire please?