How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Please could you give me some advise. I own my own house,

Customer Question

Hi Please could you give me some advise. I own my own house, which my partner of 10 years has lived in and now we are going our separate ways. Please could you let me know what mine and his financial rights are. He doesn't pay any thing towards the mortgage, or bills, council tax etc. We have made home improvements together which I funded, but couldn't do by my self. Thanks Helen
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello HelenWelcome to Just AnswerI am a Solicitor and will assist you.Just to confirm:- he hasn't paid the mortgage
- you funded improvements but he helped with some of the work, what would you estimate the value of his input?
- has he ever paid a deposit?- is he intending to move out?Kind RegardsCaroline